What does the multiple question marks entail? I have no idea. Exciting? Scary? Nervous? Hopeful? Frustrating? Desperate? Awkward? Surprising? Loving? Probably all of them.
WHAT IS THIS BLOG ABOUT?
It’s just my personal experiences and thoughts about exchange, travelling, and other random thoughts.
WHY THE HELL AM I CREATING THIS BLOG?!
I’ll probably quit after 2 weeks. Mark my words. Commitment is needed to sustain it, and I… have some commitment issues.
1) I guess I really want to document down my experiences, especially during my student exchange to Sweden, before my horrible memory fails me.
2) Relating to point 1: When people ask me about my student exchange experience in the future, I can just direct them to this blog instead of saying “It was nice. It was fun. It was horrible.” Of course, ideally, I would love to share my experiences with everyone over a drink or two, but like I mentioned my memory sucks badly: I can only remember that much.
3) I like to reflect a lot, and I think this blog would help me to check in with being in the present as well as learning from my past mistakes to have a better future.
4) My writing sucks. Honestly, I think ever since Junior College ended, my English has just been stagnant. Despite being an Arts (and Social Sciences) major, I look down in shame when my fellow peers conjure up Shakespeare-ish poems within minutes and articulate so sharply while I communicated in simple and often, broken English. Hopefully, this blog will help me improve in my writing skills. Alternatively, I hope people can also relate to my woes of having a subpar standard of English and try to understand my pains and empathise with me more. Yay. But since it is a personal blog, I won’t shy away from speaking in Singlish also lah (or other languages)!
5) Being an extremely blur and introverted person my entire life, I wanted to conduct an experiment: To see if I could survive living away from home for 6 months. If I could, then I guess everyone could too- hopefully this will make people less worried when they are going to a foreign country alone? 🙂
6) And lastly, I hope it helps other people in their future travels as well!
WHAT WILL THE CONTENT OF MY BLOG BE ABOUT?
1) Pre-SEP stuff. How I struggle to figure out what I need, how to get it, and all that planning.
2) SEP stuff. My first day of exchange till my very last.
3) Post-SEP stuff. Reflections after coming back!
4) Non-SEP stuff. Not related to SEP; more of my bits of daily life.
I’ll try to add in photos and videos as much as I can, but blogging consistently is tough. And consistency isn’t my style. 😦
HOW OFTEN WILL I BLOG?
I don’t know man. Like I said, I’ll probably give up after 2 weeks. The ideal scenario would be to blog once every week, but that is definitely too much for me to handle right now. So I’ll blog whenever I feel like it, and when I am able to!
WHO AM I?
I am currently a Year 3 FASS (Psychology) Singaporean student in National University of Singapore (NUS). I will be going to Uppsala, Sweden for exchange. I like furry animals and certain aspects of psychology. Couch potato, cockroach hater (I hope I don’t have to kill any while on exchange); music soothes my soul. ISFP. But honestly, I’m just a typical student documenting typical stuff.